“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love.
Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks
you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”
~Ernest Boyer, Jr.
“Attitudes of a Transformed Heart” by: Martha Peace
• God wants us to have a high and proper view of Him and to bow before Him in complete allegiance. Daniel 1:8
• What matters is that God must give you a new heart and thus the capacity, as well as the desire, to bow before Him. John 14:6
• Through Daniel’s story we see that Daniel was much more concerned about promoting God’s glory than he was in protecting himself. Daniel 2:20-23
• Daniel turned to God for help. Daniel 2:21
• Daniel gave thanks and credit to God whom he called the God the God of my fathers. Daniel 2:45
• Their faith in God was unshakable in spite of the extreme danger. Daniel 3:17
• Even in the midst of fear you defend the Lord and make His name known. Daniel 4:17
• The things of this world will eventually end, but God’s kingdom would endure forever. Daniel 2:44
• Daniel thanked his high and holy God. Daniel 2:23
• Man perverts his concept of God by inventing a god in his mind who is comfortable for him. D…