Openness


Lord of immortality, before whom angels bow and archangels veil their faces,

enable me to serve Thee with reverence and godly fear. Thou who art Spirit and requirest

truth in the inward parts, help me to worship Thee in spirit and in truth. Thou who art

righteous, let me not harbour sin in my heart, or indulge a worldly temper, or seek

satisfaction in things that perish.

I hasten towards an hour when earthly pursuits and possessions will appear vain,

when it will be indifferent whether I have been rich or poor, successful or disappointed,

admired or despised. But it will be of eternal moment that I have mourned for sin,

hungered and thirsted after righteousness, loved the Lord Jesus in sincerity, gloried in

His cross. May these objects engross my chief solicitude! Produce in me those principles

and dispositions that make Thy service perfect freedom.

Expel from my mind all sinful fear and shame, so that with firmness and courage I

may confess the Redeemer before men, go forth with Him hearing His reproach, be

zealous with His knowledge, be filled with His wisdom, walk with His circumspection, ask

counsel of Him in all things, repair to the Scriptures for His orders, stay my mind on His

peace, knowing that nothing can befall me without His permission, appointment and

administration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know there is a God.

Be Satisfied with Me