God's Providence...His Bride!

I was reading through one of my favorite books again called Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. There are a few things I wanted to share with you from the beginning of his book that have helped reform my thinking of God on a daily basis.

"God's providence is His constant care for and His absolute rule over all His creation for His own glory and the good of His people. Again, note the absolute terms: constant care, absolute rule, all creation. Nothing, not even the smallest virus, escapes His care and control."
"All people -- believers as well as unbelievers -- experience anxiety, frustration, heartache, and disappointment. Some suffer intense physical pain and catastrophic tragedies. But that which should distinguish the suffering of believers from unbelievers is the confidence that our suffering is under the control of an all-powerful and all-loving God; our suffering has meaning and purpose in God's eternal plan, and He brings or allows to come into our lives only that which is for His glory and our good."

The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever,
the purposes of his heart through all generations."
Psalm 33:10-11

I realize that I am so quick to forget His promises to me, to us. He is faithful to His children and has the best in mind for us. This week has been a trying week for me and I know many more of them will come. I am quick to jump to my feelings, emotions, worries, fears and not to the Lord. I am learning to step aside and let the Lord work, to find my peace in Him and allow His hands to guide me. For I know that HIS plans stand FIRM! My prayer is that I will be faithful in walking in obedience to Him and not be caught up in the affairs of my life, but that I would seek Him in my life. I want to be a faithful and obedient bride. When I am not, there is a fog over my eyes and what I know as truth gets blurred with what the world and others are telling me. It is my obligation to seek His face and His alone for truth. I know that when I am obedient and seeking Him trials will come, but my foundation will be firm. I will know my true groom and rejoice in our true love, not get confused by that of the worlds. For nothing compares to knowing that we are being redeemed by a SOVEREIGN God and that He is absolute and cares about the smallest detail of our lives. Don't be afraid to release it all to the Lord and TRUST in His control, for He takes absolute control of His own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know there is a God.

Be Satisfied with Me

Fierce Woman - Kim Wagner