His Disciple

This is something I have had forever and just can across it again. It is something challenging and powerful stuff.
 His Disciple
"that you should follow In His Steps"
An African pastor was imprisioned by a group of rebels that demanded that he renounce his fatih. He refused, so they have him one night and told him if he did not renounce Chirst bny that morning they would kill him. That night before they took his life he wrote the following lines:
I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of His. I won't look back, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame vision, mundane talking, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotion, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by presence, lead by faith, love by patience, life by prayer and labor by power. My face is set, my pace is fast, my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, the way is rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up or burn up till I'm preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up and stayed up for the cause of Christ.
I'm a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops. And when He comes to get His own, He'll have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know there is a God.

Be Satisfied with Me

Fierce Woman - Kim Wagner