"7 : An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess"

I haven't read a book in a long time that has challenged me as a whole in a long time and 7 by Jen Hatmaker has done it. I am only on the third chapter and my whole being is engrossed and cannot put down researching justice, changing my perception of what I want vs. what I need and single handily pillaging my closets and drawers. 

Below is more about the book and I hope you take the time to read it and trrrryyyyy it! Ehhh hmmm there are modified versions of each of the experiments. God's at work and I'm loving how He is using Jen's story to challenge me. I can say I feel closer to Jesus and the true heart of His purpose then I have in a long time when it comes to possessions, waste, food, clothes, media, stress, and shopping. 


You will be challenged, you will laugh, you'll want to love deeply, sometimes pull your hair out and occasionally whine over how hard it is. It will rock your world, but all because it bring more glory to God. It's getting back to the simplistic idea of loving God and loving others. It is after all the only commandments the Lord gives us in the N.T.


"7 : An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" - 7 is the true story of how Jen took seven months, identified seven areas of excess, and made seven simple choices to fight back against the modern-day diseases of greed, materialism, and overindulgence.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer for Enjoying the Sabbath Rest of the Gospel - Scotty Smith

A LOVE like no other!