“Sing forth the honour of his name, make his praise glorious.”

“Sing forth the honour of his name, make his praise glorious.”


Psalm 66:2

It is not left to our own option whether we shall praise God or not. Praise is God’s most righteous due, and every Christian, as the recipient of his grace, is bound to praise God from day to day. It is true we have no authoritative rubric for daily praise; we have no commandment prescribing certain hours of song and thanksgiving: but the law written upon the heart teaches us that it is right to praise God; and the unwritten mandate comes to us with as much force as if it had been recorded on the tables of stone, or handed to us from the top of thundering Sinai. Yes, it is the Christian’s duty to praise God. It is not only a pleasurable exercise, but it is the absolute obligation of his life. Think not ye who are always mourning, that ye are guiltless in this respect, or imagine that ye can discharge your duty to your God without songs of praise. You are bound by the bonds of his love to bless his name so long as you live, and his praise should continually be in your mouth, for you are blessed, in order that you may bless him; “this people have I formed for myself, they shall show forth my praise”; and if you do not praise God, you are not bringing forth the fruit which he, as the Divine Husbandman, has a right to expect at your hands. Let not your harp then hang upon the willows, but take it down, and strive, with a grateful heart, to bring forth its loudest music. Arise and chant his praise. With every morning’s dawn, lift up your notes of thanksgiving, and let every setting sun be followed with your song. Girdle the earth with your praises; surround it with an atmosphere of melody, and God himself will hearken from heaven and accept your music.


“E'en so I love thee, and will love,

And in thy praise will sing,

Because thou art my loving God,

And my redeeming King.”

I read this this morning from Spurgeon and was reminded of the awesome God that I serve. Sing forth His glorious name! We are recipients for His beautiful grace and nothing is worth our praise more than the Father. I pray we are not quick to praise the things of this world or more the world praising us. I pray that our soul purpose is the praise the Lord. When we are focused on the Lord in the moments of our daily life we are not focused on ourselves and our issues. In order to praise the Lord, we have to know Him. I am learning so much about my Father and His character and it amazes me more and more that He would choose me. He excited in my praise to Him and rejoices over His children when they are walking with Him. Walk with Him and praise Him. Get to know your Father! You can't but help to praise Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know there is a God.

Be Satisfied with Me

Fierce Woman - Kim Wagner