Intimate Theology...by: Oswald Chambers



It has been a while, but I have much to continue to share ; )! God has been so faithful to keep me going through this busy time. I have three more days of school work left and then I am done for a while. I read Oswald Chambers: My Utmost for His Highest in the morning and what I am about to share with you are parts of some of the devotions.

"If you are going to be used by God, He will take you through a number of experiences that are not meant for you personally at all. They are designed to make you usefulin His hands, and to enable you to understand what takes placein the lives of others. Because of this process, you will never be surprised by what comes your way. You say, "Oh, I can't deal with that person." Why can't you? God gave you sufficient opportunities to learn from Him about that problem; but you turned away, not heeding the lesson, because it seemed foolish to spend your time that way...We never really realize at the time what God is putting us through - we go through it more or less without understanding. Then suddenly we come to a place of enlightenment, and realize - "God has strengthened me and I didn't even know it!"...

Martha is a woman that was tested in this way when her brother died. However she needed a closer personal relationship with Jesus. "Martha's theology had its fulfillment in the future. But Jesus continued to attract and draw her in until her belief became an intimate possession. It then slowly emerged into a personal inheritance. Are you facing doubt in your life? Have you come, like Martha, to crossroads of overwhelming circumstances where your theology is about to become a very personal belief? This happens only when a personal problem brings the awareness of our personal need. To believe is to commit. In the area of intellectual learning I commit myself mentally, and reject anything not related to that belief. In the realm of personal belief I commit myself morally to my convictions and refude to compromise. But in intimate personal belief I commit myself spiritually to Jesus Christ and make a determination ot be dominated by Him alone. I find that faith is as natural as breathing. And I am staggered when I think how foolish I have been in not trusting Him earlier."

God loves us so much that He wants an intimate relationship with Him. When this happens it creates who we are as a person; how we think, act, serve, talk, love, etc. Our theology becomes intimate and that is what walking with Christ daily is all about. We live in faith and trust, we love others well and have patience, we do not depend on ourselves, but God and we are not crippled by fear. I hope my life is a reflection of having an intimate theology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer for Enjoying the Sabbath Rest of the Gospel - Scotty Smith

I know there is a God.